January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

As of today I begin what I have decided will be a celebratory year of turning 30. Turning 30 should be fun, instead of something you dread. And what better moment than turning 30 is there to take a recap on your life and make sure you're living it the way you want to. I'm feeling that I'm getting too old to just float around waiting for things to happen to me. So for the first time in my life I've made a long list of New Year's resolutions. See how I do in keeping them. I'm so new at this though, that I'm starting to get a bit worried that a year might not be long enough, especially since this here is only part of my list:
* Be good to myself
* Enjoy life more
* Give more time to my friends
* Eat better and start cooking again instead of just eating sandwiches all the time
* Explore the coffee shops, theaters, art museums, bars and clubs of Chicago
* Get to know more people outside of Hyde Park
* Get involved again with a group working on social issues
* Travel in Brazil
* Exercise more
* Sleep more

Oh, yeah, I'm back in Chicago again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home